Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mildura, Red Cliffs, and Beyond!

The good thing about not having internet anywhere closeby is that I don't spend any time on my facebook.

The shitty thing about not having any internet anywhere closeby is that I can't do fucking ANYTHING- at all- without a computer. No banking, no flight purchases, and definitely no Skype. Also, upon actually making my way to a computer, I usually find that the flight prices have changed, the person I'm looking for is no longer online, or (in this case) the blog post I had carefully crafted longhand is NOT in my bag and I've got to re-write it as good as I can from memory.

This is likely to suck. That is my disclaimer.

So, since my last post, I've relocated to what is generally accepted to be the asshole of Australia. Mildura's an interesting little spot people still use the word "nigger" freely and unabashed. It mkes me nervous. Happily, I've been working every single day I've been here and have been raking in that sweet sweet Australian currency. While farm work is tough and has been taking it's toll on my face and arms (stupid branches!), I'm getting super buff and my butt looks amazing!

I don't want to get too into the work itself, as I reckon I'm likely bore even myself. The light at the end of the tunnel is a few days in Adelaide, followed by a few more days in Bris, one in Sydney, and then on to Peru! As I burn through my last 18 days of work, I gotta keep my eye on the ball.

OK, this was a shitty post- I promise a better one once I'm done working in this hellhole.

3 comments:

  1. to make this post more interesting you should have posted some pics of you new "amazing" looking butt :).

    i miss hard labor in the sun, i always get super ripped and for some reason at the end of the day its more satisfying. those few hours from when the sun goes down and when you head off to sleep are some of the most peaceful.

    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mildura is shit Sam ha ha apart from when the three British lads were there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butt always looked amazing! Hi Sam! I can't believe it never occurred to me that your not on my Facebook till now. Also, Sorry I haven't seen your blog until now ;-( I have a ton of catching up to do! I hope you are doing well and I am so proud of you!! - Sarah and Chris from Sac

    ReplyDelete