Friday, October 16, 2009

TREVOR

Trev, I hope you still read my blog every now and again.

These fucking shitty fucking Ethiopian computers won't let me do ANYTHING. I can sign onto facebook, alright, but forget trying to read anything in my inbox/write on peoples' walls/update my status. Oh, and no messenger, no Yahoo, no Gmail Chat, and DEFINITELY no Skype.

Anyway, so I got your message about there being something incredibly important in my facebook inbox.. I just can't CHECK my inbox to see what it is.

I wasn't planning on updating, but hell,... why not? I just finished my first week of teaching English in an Ethiopian school. Observations:

1. I don't hate children as much as I thought I did. Some of them are really, really cute. I have actually taken a liking to one or two in every class. I know it's wrong to have favorites, but they live in Ethiopia, for God's sake. They already know that life isn't fair.

2. Western children are spoiled brats. "Waaah... Billy has better video games than I do" ... "Waaaah... Jimmy took my toy", "Waaaah... I want clean water to drink!" ... ALWAYS complaining. These kids here, in my grade school, play soccer with a deflated basketball. 50 children. One sad little crushed basketball. And you know what? They don't give a damn! They run around playing with it all day long, only stopping to blow it up every now and again. I'm not sure if it's awesome or heartbreaking... but I'm leaning towards awesome.

I will write more next week. I just logged on to tell TREVOR... I CAN'T READ YOUR MESSAGE IN MY INBOX. EITHER PUT IT ON MY WALL, OR SEND ME AN EMAIL.

That's all.

1 comment:

  1. tell us about the attractive australian man with the cool moustache!

    ReplyDelete