Saturday, August 15, 2009

AAGGHHH!

OK, I´m running out of internet time so I´ll make this quick... Bullets!

- Finished up in León with some volcano boarding. I didn´t think I could possibly be so bad at anything, but ha HA! I was wrong.

- Went to Estelí on a whim and spotted Trev from my taxi window. Sometimes it´s great to have a very, very white man for a friend. They invited me to come to the Bioreserve Miraflor with them for a couple days and I did. Since I already posted a photo of me at the Mirador under my ´Nicaragua Photos´tab, here is one of the back of Trevor´s head.

- While in the Bioreserve, we went on numerous hikes, and rode horses all over the place (I find it´s easier to maintain your balance if you don´t expend all your energy screaming like a prepubescent girl). We were also goaded into playing games with some local children. Here is Kyria as the ¨Gallina¨... aka, Blind Chicken. She was not as amused as the children were.

- I am now in San Juan del Sur... got about 15 days left in this region, so I figure I´m going to spend them all surfing. Kinda. Or, at least I´ll spend them all in the ocean with a surfboard attached to my ankle. Close enough, yeah?

3 comments:

  1. Um... Volcano boarding huh? wicked. How did it compare to kirkwood? lol Everything looks so beautiful! yeah when I go surfing its usually the board riding me as well. I bet you are having the time of your life!!!!
    I'm glad to hear that you are doing fine and are alive and well. Much love from SF!!! Keep posting!!-Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam What's up?!
    How are you liking San Juan del sur? We thought it was pretty cool indeed, especially the small surf cove a little to the north. We High Centerede old "Big Red" trying to get up there....oops She took it well though. By now I'm sure you are long gone though. How is your spanish coming? Good I trust. It has been fun following your blag and vicariously re-living our trip....only much more thouroughly! Take care!
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading your blog to help me unwind so I can get over this damned law school- and law firm- induced insomnia. I'd write something interesting for you to read, except it's 2 in the morning and way past my bedtime. Can't think. So all I have for now is, thanks. I don't know what I'd do if I had to stare at the ceiling in the dark for another hour, and you're always a good read :-).

    Much love, Corn.

    P.S. I should have looked at all of these pictures before you told me everything in person, so I could have pictured it. I'll make sure to be caught up by the time you return.

    ReplyDelete