Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Juayua

Not too much to update on here. We went to Juayua ... the whole group, for something like 4 or 5 days. We went to waterfalls during the first day, and some others went hiking to Lago Coatepeque, but the main reason for going was the food fair. Here I am eating a frog. It cost 7 bucks and tasted like chicken (doesn't everything?) except more chewy. Meh. The rabbit was better.


Another thing that the food fair brought was a very large pair of underpants. Erin, Kaj and I found them in a dollar bin near the outskirts of the food stalls. After going on something of a wild goose chase involving a 12 year old horse carriage driver, we found some weed and figured we could have some fun with the giant underoos.




... and we did.



We actually managed to fit 6 people in ... Trev climbed in for the finale... but I already uploaded it to my facebook and you all have probably seen it by now.





Although I could have stayed longer, my feet were getting antsy, so I went with Erin and Kaj to La Palma. Here is one of the walls we passed by. Most of the city looks like this-- the influence of an artist.. (I can't remember his name), who has taught everyone this style of naive (I didn´t try to spell ¨native¨here) art in order to generate income for an otherwise impoverished village. It's really quite beautiful.


I'm back in El Tunco now, waiting for Uga and Kat to join me on my simple minded adventures. I will update accordingly as things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment