Monday, July 6, 2009

El Salvador and on...

Sitting in an internet cafe is ok and fine when you´re in a smog-filled city, but when you´re in a beachy paradise, it can make for a pretty sad afternoon.

El Tunco is pretty fantastic. We´ve been here for almost a week, and it´s going to be really hard to leave in a couple days for Juayua (I´m not exactly sure that it´s spelled that way). I had originally planned to return to Honduras to complete my study of Spanish grammar, but those damn military coups keep getting in the way!

Let me think back to the last time I posted. Oh yes, I was in San Pedro for a couple days, basically just pissing around and enjoying the rain before i came down to E.S. I ended up going to San Marcos and cliff jumping down into the lake. There were two rocks, one of which was a little smaller, at about 20 feet high. You can find a picture of me jumping off of it under my ´Guatemala Photos´tab. There was another one that was 30 feet high that I also jumped off of (after a good 10 minutes or so of deliberation). I used that as my profile picture for facebook.



Geert (Daniel) came to meet up with us for Saturday night, and we went for a proper night of boozing. At one point, I was giving Matt a piggy-back ride while Daniel ran in front of me with a rum and coke, goading me horse-and-carrot-like. That night was good fun, but not enough fun to compensate for the next day, which brought Shiran and myself down to El Salvador on bus. It was something like 10 very painful hours, during the course of which I had to beg the driver to pull over so I could vomit. Here is a photo of Shiran and I passing through immigration. We did our best to not look suspicious.

We stayed 2 nights in San Salvador, hanging out waiting for Trev to come while visiting some cool spots. Some stupid bitch in a hostel got lippy with me and I shut her down-- which I feel was a step towards maturity.... or a step back. However you want to look at it, I went to bed feeling satisfied.
We´re now in El Tunco, surfing, relaxing, and coming up with excuses not to leave. You can find photos of me... ahem... ´surfing´ under the ´El Salvador´tab in this blog. I should take more photos of the beach, but here is one of the playa at sunset from our favorite seafood restaurant.
I haven´t accomplished too much here aside from learning how to surf and getting so drunk I end up running naked down the beach-- I think there´ll be more cultural insight in my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment